View Single Post
Old September 25, 2013, 07:44 AM   #35
Skans

Quote:
The odds of a 2nd strike actually working when the 1st didn't are well under 50%. With those odds I'm not wasting time trying. Not a concern at all for me.
The OP's question completely depends on the gun. Some guns are so reliable that 2nd strike capability is not a factor. With other guns, I would definitely want this.

Example: I have carried an AMT 45 Backup and Ruger LC9. My AMT 45 Backup was fairly reliable (didn't come that way, I had to make it that way) - I actually shot this gun quite a bit. The AMT 45 Backup had double strike capability. On the odd occasion that I'd pull the trigger and hear a "click" (usually as the gun became dirty from shooting), I'd pull the trigger again, and it would fire.

Now, with my LC9, I have put many rounds through this gun as well, and it simply eats EVERYTHING, without a hiccup. At first I worried about it not having double strike capability. Now, I've stopped worrying about this completely. FWIW, I feed my LC9 a regular diet of Wolf steel-cased ball ammo. My motto is "If it can't eat Wolf it can't be carried". Any gun that can digest lots of dirty steel cased ammo, without breaking extractors and jamming up is a good carry gun.

Page generated in 0.01944 seconds with 8 queries