Thread: saiga 12
View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Technosavant

Quote:
Thanks for the input guys! i guess my other question would be- is a trigger/pistol grip mod the most necessary upgrade to be done to get this to fire faster. I have read that these will stove-pipe rounds without modification. I would like to take this thing hog-hunting. Also, does it beat you up using slug ammo?
Doing the AK style shoulder stock/pistol grip mod (involving moving the trigger group forward) doesn't help you fire faster (I'm not sure what you mean by that). It's still one shot per pull of the trigger; anything else is not legal. It does result in a slightly more compact shotgun with slightly better handling.

I've not had any issues with stovepiping with mine. My main issue is the occasional round going nose-up to the top of the chamber. I've heard you're better off breaking it in with heavy loads (slugs, buckshot). While you do want to pay attention to the gas setting (don't run slugs through it with the valve wide open, you'll beat the rear trunnion into a real mess), it is actually a pretty soft shooting shotgun. The original stock isn't too nice (no recoil pad, so it can dig into you), if you do the stock/PG mod, then you can pick and choose the shoulder stock.

Page generated in 0.02559 seconds with 8 queries