View Single Post
Old April 29, 2014, 12:40 PM   #45
Machineguntony

I have three 1050s and a 650. I love my 1050, but I just wish it had one extra station. There is a station for a powder check, right after the powder drop, but I use it for my bullet drop station. So I am running the 1050s without a powder check. I have had one squib load, and it came from working the 1050 too quickly.

I really hate the 650. It has this nasty tendency to cause powder to "jump" out of the casing as the index plate is being rotated. The cause is the ball bearing that holds each station in place as the case enters its station. Youtube has fixes, and I've tried them all, but none of the solutions totally fix the problem. I've even order the plastic ball bearing and trimmed the spring. It still spits up powder. The Dillon customer service guys (and youtube guys) will tell you to trim the spring underneath the ball bearing. But why does a factory item need to be modified, at all? I think it is a design weakness in the 650. Very annoying, especially in small volume cases like 380 and 9mm.

Page generated in 0.02840 seconds with 8 queries