View Single Post
Old January 30, 2014, 05:18 AM   #51
dgludwig

Well, Mystro, your continued diatribes only serve to make the point that large numbers of threads and posts are no guarantee that motives are always well-intended nor that credibility can necessarily be assumed. I like to give any newcomer the benefit of the doubt as to his intentions and to extend a sincere welcome to him to the forum before accusing him of lying or labeling him a troll, no matter how much I might be in disagreement with the content of his thread.

NavyChief submitted a thread to complain about a pricey rifle that he thought lacked a lot in the way of workmanship and described what he considered to be flaws (and, if he is to be believed, the defects are indeed appalling). So he didn't provide a picture of the rifle. Big deal. I've participated in this forum for close to ten years and I've never posted a photo. Does that in any way impugn my character or make my posts any less legitimate?

If NavyChief is nothing more than a "troll" and his purpose for joining the forum was soley to "get a rise" from fellow members, his motives will become clear soon enough. Until then, I will reiterate my heartfelt welcome to the new member and hope that his initial negative experience with The Firing Line will not deter him from contributing useful and educative inputs in the future. Welcome aboard NavyChief!

Last edited by dgludwig; January 30, 2014 at 05:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.03228 seconds with 8 queries