View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013, 05:59 AM   #51
Fishing_Cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats McGee
That seems so odd to me. I've never seen them as organized and united as they are right now. Maybe that's an oddity peculiar to my area.
They are divided here, and basically divided in every way...If support wasn't needed to keep away some of these silly proposed laws, it would be funny. Lets see...

Hunters vs the "modern type rifle owners" (AR's, AK's and similar firearm owners)

Those who support stronger background checks vs those who want less.

Those who support mag restrictions vs those who don't want mag restrictions.

Those who are against NFA (including the proposed new bill in NC to allow suppressors while hunting) vs those who are for NFA

Those who support CCW vs those who have no interest.

Those who support state level protections vs those who support federal level protections for RKBA

The "I got mine" (including those wanting a ban to make money off what they have bought, just to resale for a profit if a ban comes) crowd vs those who are waiting for firearms to become available.

I could go on and on, but the dividing line I see with many people I speak with, is that if you don't totally support their interest, they have no need yours, and it winds out becoming a contest of urination. There just isn't any middle ground.

Also, I seem to run across many folks who either cant be bothered to contact their elected reps, or think it doesn't matter.

Page generated in 0.02430 seconds with 8 queries