View Single Post
Old July 22, 2008, 03:03 PM   #3
sholling

Well I'm going to assume that you don't have the six months to wait for a Milt Sparks VMII and belt. If you do I think it's worth it. If not, well I'm not an expert but I do have a 46" gunbelt. I find that a small 1911 in a Nick Mathews' #2 works very well for me. Nick's #2 lets the pistol sit extra deep and with extra cant that really does a good job of hiding the grip even with my size. The only thing is that it's not a reinforced mouth design so you need to use a bit of extra care putting it on just like you would with Milt Sparks' Watch Six. Still I find that Nick's #2 is better at concealing a small 1911 on my frame than the VMII, and I like Nick's mag pouches much better. Note that both the Sparks and Mathews belt loops are intended for stiff but very thin belts. I find it an absolute bear to snap either's 1-1/2" loops over my ultra heavy 1-1/2" Hellwig gunbelt.

It doesn't sit quite as deep as a Mathews but because I can adjust in a bit of extra cant I also find the Minotaur MTAC a good choice for short grip double stacks like the compact M&Ps. I find it very comfortable and durable and delivery is very quick. Note I like the standard loops. You could pair it with a Beltman belt, or Crossbreed or any of the other quality gunbelts.

Do note the throughly confusing belt sizing instructions at each site.

Last edited by sholling; July 22, 2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page generated in 0.03241 seconds with 8 queries