View Single Post
Old November 3, 2006, 02:10 PM   #19
stephen426

I would have to agree that I would rush over regardless of the outcome. I can't count on the police responding quickly enough to stop an attack. Well, actually, where my parents live and where I live, the police could probably respond faster. I would still high tail it over there though. I would definately be on the phone with the police on my way over in case my family member was not able to contact the police before they contacted me. I would also give them my description a description of my car so they would not shoot me instead.

If I arrived the house before the police, I would approach cautiously. If they have a family member at gun point, my surprising them just might cause them to pull the trigger. I doubt bad guys practice safe gun handling practices. I know my familys' houses and would try to identify where they bad guy is while remaining undetected. If I get the drop on the bad guy and he has a weapon on my family member, the bad guy is going to get one in the noggin. I'm not going to have a hostage situation or be forced to give up my gun. Then both of us will probably end up getting killed.

The most important thing is to TRY and remain calm and controlled (I know it will probably be very hard since your family member's life is in danger). If you just rush into situations like the victim did, you will probably just end up dead like he did, and you will be of no use to anyone.

Page generated in 0.02760 seconds with 8 queries