View Single Post
Old December 27, 2013, 06:12 PM   #12
Wreck-n-Crew

Quote:
I thought discussing the actual effectiveness of these tools might be a good discussion for Tactics & Training.
Or lack there of!(tools)

They were both ill-prepared and ill-equipped to deal with a LD scenario (more than they should have been) and the "tools" were tools of opportunity that have failed more times than a firearm to stop someone, and are only good when there is nothing better to be had. Just so happens they got lucky.

The one mistake they did not make that has been made too many times is splitting up and one of them running for help. Had they not fought this guy together, he might have killed the one that stayed behind before help arrived. Also it gave one of them a chance to bring a weapon to the fight, which eventually made the difference. I only say this given the circumstances (Physical condition, how the guy was/was not armed etc.).

The way I see it:
Anything is better than nothing, if your fit enough it's better to fight as a team (as long as possible with an unarmed assailant) than to split up , and the one we might all agree with is that a firearm was the best chance at ending this before things went bad.

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 8 queries