View Single Post
Old January 8, 2008, 10:48 PM   #1
FLJim

Radians Maximus Electronic Ears?

I'm in the market for electronic hearing protection. Would prefer the kind that suppress/compress loud noises, rather than those that clip or shut down. (In a very busy, noisy indoor range, the kind that shut off completely are little better than non-electronic muffs.)

Was becoming discouraged. ProEars has the electronics, but apparently aren't very robust. Peltors are more robust, but clip. Sordin is alleged to be very good, but they're very expensive ($250 range) and their stereo imaging is said by some to be so poor they find themselves having to look around to see who's talking.

Then I ran across the Radians Maximus. Price is about right (around $100, plus-or-minus). Has the right kind of electronics. Rated at NRR 29! Would prefer a single volume control and a balance control over two volume controls, but life ain't perfect.

Thing is: Other than one comment on THR (I think it was), I cannot find a single review or user comment on these things. They're either the best-kept secret in electronic ears or they're lousy.

Anybody have these? Anybody ever try 'em? Anybody know anybody else that has 'em or has ever tried them?

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02439 seconds with 8 queries