View Single Post
Old January 7, 2002, 12:34 PM   #11

I did make it to the IDPA match on Saturday and had a good time. They let you shoot the first match free, from then on, you have to actually join the IDPA and pay a $5 entry fee. I ended up shooting my Ruger P89. I didn't really have the equipment; concealed belt holster, mag pouches etc. for any of my other handguns. Most of my handguns are for "field use". Flap holsters, long barrels etc. My actual carry rigs are carried behind the back and I didn't think they would be legal since they break the 180 degree plane. I also didn't have any speedloaders to use a revolver, although I do have the appropriate holsters for them. I normally just toss a handfull of ammo in my pocket when I am carrying the rovolvers around the desert. I did have a Fobus holster for my P89 and used my back pocket for a mag pouch. I was surpirsed at how many people showed up; there must have been at least 50 people. If you are thinking about participating, by all means do. There was nothing about it that requred an expert. The furthest shot was about 10 yards on a silhouette. I will be back next month (my IDPA membership application goes in the mail today)and I will be interested to see where I placed. I also ordered a couple mag pouches. If I decide to continue, I will probably buy some stuff for other guns, although there is nothing wrong with the P89. I am also going to order a half dozen gelded magazines for my P89. All I have are standard capacity mags, since you arn't allowed any more than 11 rounds in the gun, I might as well save them and use klinton mags. The p89 chugged along just like it always does, so maybe it isn't a bad choice. Not real sexy, but useful.

Page generated in 0.02370 seconds with 8 queries