View Single Post
Old February 18, 2000, 07:49 AM   #7
huntschool

I am new here but have a good deal of experience with the Ruger and moderate with the bolts.

First...Recoil, whichever gun. I close personal friend that spent years as a pro hunter in Africa taught me and my wife to shoot heavy rifles. His comment was that most Americans did knot know how to use them...Here it is and it is simple. Use your right hand (if you are right handed, opp if otherwise) and grab the gun tight. Place the gun o your shoulder with good contact. DON"T burry it into your shoulder. Allw the forearm to "lay" in your front hand with fingers closed but relaxed. Aim, squeexe trigger and allow rifle to go up with recoil. If its a bolt gun work the bolt as you are on the down move from recoil.

In shotgunshooting we call this economy of movement.

As for the guns...I love #1's. They work. I had an under lever shortened on one of mine....kinda like the Dakota 10. It is nice for a gun for deer etc. A bit of weight reduction...but not something I would want to use on a dangerous game gun.

My 375 performes quite well. It out shots my ruger 77 for group. (I sold the 77)

I am bias to #1's. The single shot "thing" is infectious once you get there.

Huntschool

Page generated in 0.05518 seconds with 8 queries