View Single Post
Old July 10, 2011, 12:57 PM   #4
TxGun

Single shot shotguns are generally very light and will therefore recoil more than a pump or semi-auto. Semi's are generally easiest to shoot...obviously part of the recoil impulse works the action and that mitigates what the shooter feels. But hunting is different than the range. Especially deer hunting. You won't be shooting nearly as much and you won't notice it nearly as much either. Your options as I see them are: 1) put a good pad on your current gun...a limbsaver or other high-end model. Also look at the Past vests. 2) look for an older pump gun that is in your price range...if not a Remington or Mossberg, perhaps a Savage or High Standard. I just saw several at a gun show a couple of weeks ago that could have been had for $200 or less OTD. 3) Recoil response is as much a mind-set as anything. When I think about it, I guess my unconscious approach to any gun...10 gauge singles, .458 Win. Mag, .458 Lott, .378 Weatherby, .454 Casull, & many others I've had the pleasure of shooting is "I'll be damned if I'm going to let this little SOB get the best of me". I just don't worry much about it. Black and blue goes away quickly, IME.

Last edited by TxGun; July 10, 2011 at 02:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.03264 seconds with 8 queries