View Single Post
Old April 18, 2005, 10:28 PM   #1
progunner1957

Ted Nugent: "Demand the right to self defense!!"

Never one to be accused of understatement, the Motor City Madman, AKA Ted Nugent, spoke to the members at the recent NRA convention in Houston. It appears that some within the firearms community were rubbed the wrong way by his address to the convention; did he go to far, or did he give us all a dose of "calling a spade a spade?"

The Nuge says we should all be "hardcore, radical extremeists, demanding the right to self defense." From where I stand, demanding the right to self defense is NOT hardcore, radical or extreme. Demanding the right to self defense is NO DIFFERENT than demanding the right to free speech, the right to religious freedom, or the right to be secure in our homes.
If demanding the RIGHTS we are GUARANTEED by the Bill of Rights is troubling to the politicians and social engineers, it is time to get rid of them - send them to the unemployment lines - plain and simple.

As Jeff Cooper so aptly stated in a radio interview, "The only proper resolution to an armed robbery or carjacking is a dead thug laying at the feet of the intended victim."

AMEN, Colonel!!

Nugent urges NRA members to recruit other gun owners

PAM EASTON

Associated Press

HOUSTON - Rocker and gun rights advocate Ted Nugent urged National Rifle Association members Saturday to be "hardcore, radical extremists demanding the right to self defense" and to work daily to recruit new members.

Speaking at the group's annual convention in Houston, Nugent said the NRA's current record-high membership of 4 million was nothing to get excited about. He said each NRA member should try to enroll 10 new members over the next year.

"Let's next year sit here and say, 'Holy smokes, the NRA has 40 million members now,'" he said, adding NRA members should only associate with other members. "No one is allowed at our barbecues unless they are an NRA member. Do that in your life."

Nugent, who walked onto the stage with a large assault weapon in each hand, said those who support gun control aren't the enemy.

"They are a joke," he said. "Our enemy is the gun owners that don't belong to the NRA."

He said the NRA needs to become a more powerful political force and encouraged members to write letters to newspaper editors, teach about guns and hunting at their children's school and recruit other gun owners.

"The whole world sucks but America sucks less," he said to laughter and applause. "And we can eliminate that sucking sound altogether if we all would actually be hardcore, radical extremists, hardcore radical extremists, demanding the right to self defense."

Nugent and his family moved to Crawford, Texas, from Michigan about two years ago. President Bush's ranch also is in Crawford.

The NRA has worked to elect Republican lawmakers who support its efforts to limit lawsuits seeking damages against gun manufacturers and distributors and to ensure a ban on assault weapons isn't resurrected.

Among them is U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Sugarland, who was set to deliver the convention's keynote speech Saturday night.

Nugent also sang and played a guitar painted with red and white stripes for the crowd at Houston's downtown convention center.

He drew the most cheers when he told gun owners they should never give up their right to bear arms and should use their guns to protect themselves if needed.

"Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em!" he screamed to applause. "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

AMEN, Ted!!

Page generated in 0.02600 seconds with 8 queries