View Single Post
Old January 1, 2012, 05:21 PM   #25
neffster

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but most forums want people to search before posting...

I'm rather new to guns and after buying a Springfield Armory XD 45 ACP about 2 years ago, decided it was time to buy a good .380 carry gun. I went to the gun show yesterday and purchased a Ruger LCR. After being told that the background check pile was a mile high and it wouldn't be approved until today (Sunday), I went home, performed a Google search on "Ruger LCP ammo review" and came up with the Gunblast.com article recommending Buffalo Bore JHP... so in my excitement I bought 3 boxes last night.

Today, after church, I got a call telling me to come and pick up the gun. When I got home with the new LCR I read the owners manual cover to cover and it says not to use +P ammo. Being new to ammo and guns, I went to the Buffalo Bore sight and realized that in my infinite wisdom, that I had just bought 60 rounds of +P ammo.

What can I do? midwayusa.com already shipped my ammo and now I know that Ruger recommends I do not use this ammo. Will local gun stores buy or trade new, unused ammo?

Also, what is the best carry ammo to carry that falls within Rugers recommended ammo?

Thanks a million for the help!

Page generated in 0.03310 seconds with 8 queries