View Single Post
Old March 14, 2010, 12:20 PM   #12
10-96

I brought this very thing up with my last landlord. When I was filling out the agreement, I asked if that was a standard clause or something she had put on the form. She asked if I had a firearm and I told her I did and that parting with it would be an issue. She then said it was something that she usually does not enforce but keeps available as a tool to justify ousting non-payers, deadbeats, people with multiple complaints for police calls (domestic issues), etc. She asked "You're not one of those who waves it around and displays it a lot are you?" That's when I told her I am a LEO. She was OK with that, but I still have reservations about a landlords ability to exercise their own viewpoints when it comes to 2A. Seems to me they can be as pro or anti as they want and stand behind the signed lease agreement even if there is no legally posted 30.06 Sign (Tx no gun zone sign) after all, they can come up with just about any reason to deny your lease or continued lease.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.04035 seconds with 8 queries