View Single Post
Old August 8, 2013, 02:19 AM   #35
Sevens

In the end, these guys still have the Colt name, and it is outrageously powerful. Especially when you are building NEW guns to sell NOW. Let us all remember the one thing we forget so easily while spending energy here at these fine forums. We all surround ourselves with hardcore hobbyists and life-long range rats and gun cranks when -WE- discuss this stuff -HERE.-

Those are great markets for any gun company, but it's just ONE market, and it could be argued that it's not even the biggest market. They want to hook the guys with cash, that know the name, with an uber-popular design (1911) and they can splash advertising that everyone else is merely making a "copy" and only the Colt is the real deal. This sells guns, for certain.
Quote:
Anyone think they are Super Bowl contenders?
This is a nutty analogy you've chosen, but let's work with it.

I don't think they are Super Bowl contenders. But they are an NFL team with a brilliant history that is so woven in to the fabric of the nation that it's dang near served with apple pie and delivered in a Chevrolet.

And by being not only an NFL team, but one with an irrationally storied history, it makes them one of the top "football organizations" on the face of the planet. So maybe there's a few dozen teams in the NFL and these guys don't get an invitation on Superbowl Sunday. However, there are -thousands- of football teams knocking heads across this nation every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from September to January, and these guys have the panache of the Dallas Cowboys.

Page generated in 0.03337 seconds with 8 queries