View Single Post
Old October 20, 2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Shadi Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
If I or any of my loved one were not involved in a shooting nearby, I would remain behind some type of cover and observe as much as I could while being safe. That way I could relay the information to the police so they could do their jobs and turn the wheels of the justice system. It is not my responsibility to engage in a street fight that is going on near me. I don't know all the details of the situation. For all I know it may be an undercover police officer making a critical decision that ends up saving countless lives.
I think that is the best tactic and I'd like to think that's what I'd do. I would probably turn tail and run like the dickens, calling 911 once I've gotten as far as I could run (not very far). I wouldn't want to stay near the scene because

1) too many times in my life (twice) I've resembled the suspect. Thats probably because I'm average weight, height and because of my ethnic background I'm often mistaken for being alot of different races, including regular old white guy.

2) More than often I'm carrying and I dont want to be any where near the scene of a shooting or surrounding area while armed.

3) I do what ever I can to avoid being physically harmed or harming someone else. I've found that running is the best way to avoid both.

Some people have a visceral need to intervene or provide assistance. Some states even have laws that make it compulsory. When it comes to fighting, shooting or violence in general, I prefer to run. Sure there are some circumstances that are exceptions to the rule (old ladies, danzels in distress, children, ect.).

Page generated in 0.05464 seconds with 8 queries