Thread: Pipe Cleaners
View Single Post
Old October 10, 2004, 01:41 PM   #6
sm

Pipe Cleaners -

I prefer the Dill's [tm].
They have 2 kinds -
1) Yellow sleeve is the one most often seen ,All Cotton, sturdy, absorbent.
2) Red sleeve is also All Cotton sturdy, absorbent , WITH bristles. These bristles do a great job of "additional" scrubbing. Ports on gas Shotguns, extractors,...etc.

Some of the "chenille stems" are not as sturdy and fuzz/ lint comes off too easy. Depends on the brand...it seems the multi-color packs are more prone to this.

Aside-

While I was at the local discount Tobacco Outlet , for smokes, lighter fluid, Pipe Cleaners and snagging some Cigar boxes , I noticed a " brass" screen. Reminds one of the screen in a faucet....Or a Lewis Lead Remover. These were also labeled " pipe cleaners". This Tobacco Outlet has some interesting "smoke" acccessories.

I bought the package of brass screens/ cleaners just for curiousity sake. Yep- they are brass, Yep they will remove lead from a bbl.

Found me a itty bitty funnel to fill small bottles of gun oil with as well. I don't want to know what the little bottle with the built in needle oiler is for, "originally" ....works for pinpoint application of lube tho'.

Page generated in 0.03605 seconds with 8 queries