View Single Post
Old February 3, 2014, 10:19 AM   #50
zincwarrior

Love it. I thought I was the only person (besides my wife) who thought the tacticool stuff was cute. For my birthday my daughter has promised to emblazon "Dad's Tacticool Fishing Vest" on the back of my IDPA required shoot me first cover vest.

As NOT ex military I intentionally avoid clothing and doodads that make me out to be a mall ninja. The closest I may get is "tactical brown Walmart Bermuda shorts or hiking pants in out terrible 3.7 hours of winter we have in Central Texas.

I will note, while I see some of this at the range, most of it seems to be in gun mags/catalogs. The tactical pen we saw in a amagazine made both the wife and I laugh hysterically.

Quote:
I've shot in a carbine match with my M1 carbine using standard 15 round magazines. I did just as well as the black rifle gadget guys. Some of them didn't know what kind of gun I had and thought it was shooting big bullets. Somehow, this old soldier was an alien artifact with it's wood stock and handguard. Sad.
I have seriously thought recently about taking Dad's M1 carbine out and doing that.

Last edited by zincwarrior; February 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.03406 seconds with 8 queries