View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 08:17 PM   #5
TunnelRat

Quote:
y pull weight is just about 4# which I have no issue in using for a defense pistol because the rule of discipline mandates that you keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to fire, anyway.
While I get what you're saying, I kind of grow tired of this logic. Were people machines and the rules always followed then we'd all have 1 lb triggers with no takeup at all. If you're comfortable with that weight it's your gun and I take no issue with it. But everyone knows the four rules, or should. Their existence, however, has not prevented negligent discharges in the past and they will likely happen in the future. Do I think we all need 10 lb triggers? Not at all, or I wouldn't have done these trigger kits. But I do think there should be a difference between a carry gun and a competition gun.

Quote:
For a carry XDm, I recommend the "Ultimate Easy" kit that runs about $110 directly from PRP. The springs are not so light as the "Match" kit and there's no need to do anything to the striker.
Replacing the striker spring itself was the easiest part of the whole install, I really like how HS designed that part. The safety spring was only a minor issue with the replacement and the stock spring was no issue at all (btw the video tip of using a dab of grease to hold the spring in place is very useful). I think the Drop In kit is fine tbh, but you're right that there are other options from PRP.

Quote:
I could not be more pleased after having done this over 2 1/2 years ago.
That's great! To be clear no where did I say I didn't like the result of the PRP kit, I just don't think it makes as much of a difference as an APEX kit in an M&P. It is still a nice option and I commend the folks at PRP for their work.
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; March 5, 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.03648 seconds with 8 queries