View Single Post
Old March 31, 2012, 01:57 PM   #37
Glenn Dee

Again... I'd advise folks to speak to the police as you would want then to speak to you. One reason the police refer to non police as civilians because the police organzations are considered quasi-military. Quasi-Military to insure order and discipline within the organization.

Of course the police are a civil authority, and when compared to the US military are civilians.

As a retired officer after many years I find it increasingly difficult to deal with the modern American Police officer. They seem to have a different mindset, and mission statement than when I was on patrol. It seems that the police try to wear the most intimidating uniforms, and equipment they can find. It seems the put officer safety ahead of public safety and public order. It seems that a friendly helpfull attitude has been replaced with sullen, threatening, and negative attitude with no reguard for the CIVILIAN they are dealing with. They seem to put the welfare of an animal ahead of a human (police dogs). K-9 Officer? whaaa?? how do they get the dog to swear an oath?

Sorry I didnt mean to go off on a rant.

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries