View Single Post
Old December 8, 2011, 03:43 PM   #28
Double Naught Spy

Well you bring up a point I have mentioned in the past. We do want our cops to be able to perform exceptionally well (at everything), but few people are willing to suffer the increased taxation to make this possible.

Quote:
One thing my local gun club does is make its range available for police events and training. I'd love to see that kind of thing expanded, so we as firearms enthusiasts can help pay for and provide help to police departments and individual officers.
While this sounds good, the contribution will be extremely limited. In New York, how many of the 33,000+ officers are going to be able to take advantage of such an offer? Are the departments going to pay the officer's salary while he is accepting the free training? They will still have to pay the officers and cover their shifts and/or provide overtime compensation. Especially if not being paid, few officers are going to sacrifice their down time to training classes.

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 8 queries