View Single Post
Old December 21, 2009, 04:27 PM   #34
Skans

Quote:
As in the tape, if you short stroke the weapon, ops.....
I don't keep one in the chamber for home defense. My only home defense gun is a Glock 17. I challenge anyone to try to short stroke one of those - it's hard to do. Just pulling the slide back slightly will chamber a round. Very different than many other types of guns. I've played around with my Glock enough to know just how little you need to rack the slide to chamber a round.

Now, the reason I don't keep a round chambered is because I have a 6 year old in my house. I keep it in a mini valut, but just in case I happen to make a mistake and leave it laying around - it's another degree of protection, no matter how small.

On those few occasions where I had to check out my house in the middle of the night, I have both chambered a round and not chambered a round. Reason for not chambering a round - just to make sure I don't react too quickly and shoot something or someone accidently. When I don't have a round chambered, I have my left hand gripping the slide and I can chamber one in a fraction of a second and fire rappidly - I've practiced this.

Now, I'm not at all trying to tell others how to use their pistols. The techniques I've developed are what I'm comforatable with and they work for me. I'm sure they are not the best techniques, and I'm sure there are better ways to do things. It's just that for me, I'm totally comfortable with not having a round chambered and still haveing a very capable weapon for home defense. In situations where I feel the need to carry I always keep a round chambered. If I worked in a convenience store or jewlery store, I'd keep a round chambered.

Page generated in 0.03396 seconds with 8 queries