View Single Post
Old August 24, 2012, 09:16 PM   #39
hermannr

I open carry almost exclusively...have for over 40 years. I have never been hasseled, I have talked to a couple officers while carrying...questions like, What is it?...Nice gun...hunting?...when are you going to join our gun club?...never been asked for my CPL or any other ID.

It is all in the manner in which you carry.

Personally, I do not think the officer should have started this encounter. There was no reasonable reason to suspect that the guy was doing anything but looking for a confrontation. Why accomdate him?

Those up to no good do not put their firearms out on display anyone (especially LE) to see...they hide them. That is the whole idea behind the concealed carry prohibitions.

That it may be a crime? I don't think so.

Just like you need a CPL to carry a loaded pistol in a vehicle here in WA. You may specifically carry (open or concealed with a CPL) in public transportation, but if the arm is loaded you do need a CPL.

So now (this will never happen with me, there is no public transportaton in my county) let's say I am visiting Seattle and waiting for the Seattle City bus with my openly carried pistol. Is the possibility that pistol MAY be loaded (in which case I need a CPL) a reasonable reason to detain me and demand my CPL? and maybe inspect my weapon? I say no...

Page generated in 0.03486 seconds with 8 queries