View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Derius_T

I understand that you only get two to three reliable reloads from the steel cases. That said, you can generally pick up all the steel cases you want free from most ranges, as they are glad to get rid of them, but you can only get small quantities.

If you have clean steel berdan cases, and berdan primers, then it is theoretically no different than loading brass they claim. The problem for many years has been that it was very time consuming and unreliable to remove the old primers, and that berdan primers were all but non existent in the US. Now both of those problems have been readily solved.

If 2/3 of the worlds manufacturers have no problem with berdan cases or primers, and make millions of rounds extremely cheap, why can't we?

I have done a cost analysis in my head, and not counting the cost of the reloading equipment, reliable steel cased rounds can be reloaded with lead for around $.10 a round, and jacketed for around $.20 a round.

That in itself makes me want to take a look into it. What I don't understand is why I have encountered so much resistance, if not outright hosility from a majority of reloaders when I start talking about berdan reloads....??? (not from anyone here)

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries