View Single Post
Old October 4, 2011, 04:32 PM   #54
Chris_B

Quote:
Well, meet one.
I smoked plenty of pot in my youth, having graduated high school in the 1970's and attended Kent State University. Virtually everyone smoked pot then.
I am a DOT regulated truck driver, and subject to random urine testing. I have not touched pot for a decade, and I have the drug test results to prove it.
I am firmly in favor of legalization. Punish those who use irresponsibly, just like alcohol drinkers.
Medicinal pot proved it's worth to me just recently when my brother was diagnosed with cancer. Living in California, he was able to get various edible forms of pot which helped him like no other drug which the doctors tried.
While he is not a regular shooter like me, he does own a pistol our father brought home from WWII.
Should his use of a state taxed and legalized substance require him to divest himself of that pistol?
But right there at the end of your post, there's the crux:

This is not a State only issue. The ATF is the Feds, and the Feds say it's not OK

And I hear you on your standpoint on one drug vs the other and punish those who are irresponsible. But if I'm drunk and spill a beer, the people around me don't ingest that drug. If you're smoking dope and your smoke wafts over to me, I get the smoke second hand. It's not so cut and dry as we may like it; the issue is more complex than just personal use in this case, and it seems likely that this is part of the ATF's standpoint on things in this case, and possibly on the legal aspect on the Federal level as a whole

Page generated in 0.02019 seconds with 8 queries