View Single Post
Old September 11, 2000, 01:44 AM   #7
El Rojo

Here is what you should do. Buy a toolhead and powder bell for each caliber you have. You can put all of your .308 dies on one and the .45 on the other. Adjust your dies and powder bell on each set to where you want it. Now leave it alone.

If you want two different measures, buy another one. If you figure it is not that big of a deal to loosen the screw on the die, change powder bars, take the measure off of the bell, and switch it on to the other die, then don't buy another measure. But definitely have a toolhead and powder bell for each caliber.

And on another note, go ahead and order a AT 500 powder bell and plastic funnel while you are at it. Why? If you ever want to do really precise and accurate loads with extruded powder, you can put the AT 500 powder bell on .308 toolhead and when you do your reloading process; pulldown the handle as usual, but leave it down so the bullet on station three is seating and on 4 it is being crimped. Then measure out your next powder charge on your scale and dump it into the funnel and into the shell through the AT 500 powderbell. Move the handle back up, rotate the plate, place bullet in #3 station case, pull down handle, repeat process. It makes loading up high quality ammo quite effecient and fast.

Now that I think about it, I might just have to buy another measure for pistol loading. That way 1) it will be a heck of a lot easier to switch from rifle to handgun and 2) it never hurts to have a back up!

Thanks Frontsight! for making me have to place another Dillon Order! And I was supposed to be helping you?

[This message has been edited by El Rojo (edited September 11, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03903 seconds with 8 queries