Thread: Walker-fun
View Single Post
Old February 2, 2006, 02:05 PM   #14
mec

" What you could afford....? Is iUniverse a so called "vanity press"? Self financed book printer, you foot all the costs? If so, you've not done a bad job with it, looks as though there have been 6 printings of it, including clothbound. Sorry, 4 printings, 2 cloth, 2 paper and 2 ebooks. Had I known there was a clothbound, would have bought that, much prefer them"

There seems to be a distinction from "Vanity Press" iUniverse has several packages you can buy. The one I optioned included the basic paperback, hard back and e- book plus and editorial review and cost+indexing. The "Vanity" aspects of it would apply to me as I did it for fun rather than profit. iUniverse is great if your expectations are about like mine. I submitted the sample document with pictures that extended from one side of the page to the other and was taken aback when they shrank them. If I revise it, I'll specify larger pictures even if the page count costs me some extra money. the cloth binding is a pretty, blue color and you still get the jacket picture- which I created all by myself on the edit program that came with my soni camera.

Page generated in 0.03248 seconds with 8 queries