View Single Post
Old April 19, 2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Cary

I have used the Hornady Spray lube, Imperial Sizing Wax, and the Lee Case Lube. I found they all worked for my use. I load 45-70, 30-30, and .243. For economy sake I find the Imperial Sizing Wax and the Lee case lube less expensive to use. If I am doing just a few cases the Imperial works great. Just wipe your finger over the lube and spread it around the case exterior and size. It doesn't take much to do the job.
When doing a large batch I like the the Lee Case Lube. Take the tube of the Lee Case Lube and squirt it into a full pint or quart of Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol (70% IPA) you can purchase at the drug store. Put the cap on the the bottle of IPA and shake it up to mix. It should look like milk when mixed. Not all of the lube will mix with the IPA but that is alright. Now take an empty pump spray bottle such as an old hair spray bottle and pour the IPA that is mixed with the Lee Case Lube into the spray bottle. I then set a batch of cases on a board with the neck up and spray them from all sides. As the IPA evaporates the Lee Case Lube is left behind on the case. I then run them through the sizing die and wipe with a rag. This works for me. Just give your sprayer a good shake before using to mix the lube and IPA together. You can also keep adding fresh IPA to your original bottle of Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol as you pour out of it. This makes that one tube of Lee Case Lube last quite a while and I find it easy to use this way.
Cary

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 8 queries