View Single Post
Old September 25, 2005, 11:32 AM   #12
stephen426

This kind of crap makes me sick. I feel sorry for any people who have to work in convenience stores or liquor stores, especially the grave yard shifts. I guess I know why they are called that now. You couldn't pay me enough money to work in that kind of place. Besides, I think they make clsoe to minimum wage. I would rather put on some stupid uniform and flip burgers rather than be a sitting duck. I'm not saying fast food joints don't get robbed. I just don't think crowded restaurants get hit as often as c-stores that only have one or two people working there.

You guys can talk about drawing and shooting first all you want. This guy didn't have a chance as the other thug already had a gun pointed at him. I wouldn't want to go down without a fight, but sometimes you need to find an opportunity to act decisively, rather than acting rashly. Even with 100% situational awareness, you can't pull you gun on every customer that walks in. This was a senseless and tragic shooting. I hope thet caught those scumbags and locked them up with some big hairy men.

The best situation is to not be there in the first place. Isn't that one of the most important rules of self defense? (Not putting yourself in a dangerous situation) Besides, most large c-store chains prohibit carrying weapons. The only way I would take that type of job is if I had a terminal illness and lots of insurance.

Page generated in 0.02452 seconds with 8 queries