View Single Post
Old August 29, 2000, 08:06 PM   #13
Guyon

Hey Justin,

No need to feel guilty. All is well (I think).

I just received an email, and both my items (Surefire and Galco) have shipped. I have UPS tracking numbers for both. Not only that; I got good deals on both items because Botach is running a "Super Summer Sale" through September 1. Saved $30 or so.

I thought I was going to have problems, but I stayed on top of the guys at Botach with a couple of insistent phone calls. Both items were backordered, but the Surefire came in and was shipped quickly. As for the Galco, I called yesterday and asked about its status. I got a little bit of hum-hawing around. "It will be here this week", he reassured me, but I emphatically pointed out that I was told the holster would be in yesterday (Monday). I also made it clear I had to have the holster for an upcoming class. The salesguy was pretty understanding; he even said they'd upgrade the shipping if it became necessary.

Anyway, they apparently got the holster in today and shipped it. The shipping invoice I received got the holster model right; I just hope they got it right at Botach.

Lesson learned: As you said, make sure items are in stock before ordering via the web. However, if you have to have something, keep reminding them you need your order. It's a toll free number after all. Might as well use it.

Thanks for the tips. I'll let you know how I like the flashlight.

------------------
Guyon
NRA & GOA Member
Vote for your rights!!!

Page generated in 0.02898 seconds with 8 queries