View Single Post
Old August 2, 2006, 05:50 AM   #28
CDH

If I've made it look like I want to go out as some gun-toting vigilante out for justice... that's not what I'm getting at. I realize that there are serious consequences just for drawing your weapon as well. I guess I'm just too mad at how the world is working to let it settle that a person could stop a crime from happening or stop a person from being hurt and not. I know that's the wrong way to think and that the laws and morality run deeper than that... well thanks for your replies and for opening things up.

I understand the sentiment and I'm sure we all feel it in one way or another, but being given the legal right to be armed gives you no additional authority more than you already have now to act out those feelings. In fact, in some ways, you have to more conservative.
With additional ability (not authority) to easily do lethal harm, your judgement has to be that much more conservative in order to avoid doing unnecessary harm.

Perhaps if you feel that strongly about it, you might think about a career in law enforcement? Seriously.

By the way, no one's beating up on you here, you're just young and need some experienced advice to keep you out of trouble. Years from now, you'll be offering the same advice to others as young as you are now.
God, I wish I was young...

Carter

Page generated in 0.02308 seconds with 8 queries