View Single Post
Old June 27, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Verbal Clint

Stay at home mom crisis plan

To stay at home moms and husbands with wives that do the same:

I would like to get your input on a home defense plan. I've been thinking a out it off and on, but it seems like there are no good options, as the thought of any intruder in my house while I'm not there just makes me want to flip out.

My wife and I have 3 kids (Daughters - 7 and newborn, son - 2) and are moving the family to a nice suburb outside of Houston (Pine Mill Ranch in Katy). My wife will be staying home with the kids during the day while I work about 30 mins away. We will have an alarm, but I don't expect my wife to keep it set every second while she's home, because that adds to paranoia, and it's useless if you have to walk outside for even a second. Our house is 2-story, and since the game and media rooms are upstairs, along with the kids' bedrooms, I imagine they'll all be up there 90% of the time. Unfortunately, that 10% of the time when she runs down to cook lunch or get laundry or whatever, it can be a really gray area.

I think I just walked myself through a plan while typing this post (sorry, I'm a scatterbrained engineer), but what do some of y'all do about these situations? It helps to combine fresh eyes with trained minds, so let's hear some ideas!
Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe."

Last edited by Verbal Clint; June 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Incomplete title

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries