View Single Post
Old March 15, 2009, 04:12 PM   #3
inSight-NEO

Ive encountered this a few times, not just with my 590 but also with my other shotgun. Just get into the habit of using a deliberate and solid pump actuation so that the delivery system can do its job.

Also, if you havent been made privy to the spring issue some of these Mossys have been having, you might consider replacing the stock spring with a Wolff spring (the generic 40"), cutting it down to 30" or so and then "fitting" the ends using needlenose pliers. The stock Mossberg 590 spring is tapered at the ends and has been known to cause all sort of problems from breakage, binding and in my case, warping and bending within the tube. Im not sure of the reasons, but Im betting that it has something to do with the fact that these tapered ends cause excessive spring movement within the retaining ring and follower. Thus, if loaded down enough, this may allow the spring to contract at odd angles and eventually cause binding, warping or possibly breakage.

But, to get back to your main problem, just actuate the pump like you mean it. Also, if you dont have these already, try purchasing some dummy rounds (such as A-Zoom) and give it some practice so that it becomes second nature.

Last edited by inSight-NEO; March 15, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.02809 seconds with 8 queries