Thread: Sling carry
View Single Post
Old August 24, 2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Rikakiah

I was figuring target identification happened before I moved the rifle from any position, not simply hear a noise, react and fire. The muzzle down seems the fastest and quietest at this point, especially while keeping eyes on said identified target. Even without a gun, if I'm out in wildlife and I hear a noise, my first reaction is to freeze and identify the sound before reacting (usually get to see some deer or something before they see me and run off or whatever).

I guess different carries for different situations. If I'm actually stalking, I'd probably go to a 1-point setup to keep retention while keeping the rifle in my hands (and keep the sling out of the way or hanging to catch brush).

I'm mostly planning to hunt alone, so probably just muzzle down carry if I'm well in the field and just relocating a short bit, but muzzle up if I'm actually travelling any distance, not planning to encounter any game.

Was just curious why a muzzle down carry wasn't even mention (pro or con) in the course material.

Last edited by Rikakiah; August 24, 2013 at 09:37 AM.

Page generated in 0.03196 seconds with 8 queries