View Single Post
Old February 19, 2001, 05:40 PM   #8
Size15s

New SureFire Flashlights:

I've tried to outline the new flashlights from SureFire.
There are lots of new flashlights coming out this year: [call SureFire for the definitive information]

The E2 is the smallest 6V SureFire flashlight ever. It's ultra-slim and light, still offering the outstanding beam quality only SureFire provides. It comes in Hard Anodised or gun metal.

The G2 is a polymer version of the Classic 6P. It's light, very tough and a great price for a flashlight you can put a P61 in and get an awesome beam from. It comes in black, OD green and bright Yellow.

The 6P has been upgraded to feature a LockOut TailCap and anti-roll Bezel. It comes in black or gun metal.

The "D Series" D2/D3 are straight-bodied with PocketClip, anti-roll Bezel and LockOut TailCap. In both black or gun metal.

The "Z Series" Z2/Z3 are the new version of the Classic 6Z/9Z. The differences are the LockOut TailCap and anti-roll Bezel. They still come in black with Lanyard and adjustible CombatGrip.

The "C Series" C2/C3 feature a CombatGrip and PocketClip. They have the LockOut TailCap, Anti-roll Bezel, and come in black or Hard Anodised.

The Millennium "M Series" M2/M3 both are Mil.III Hard Anodised, with CombatGrip, LockOut TailCap and Shock Absorbing System Bezel with Pyrex Lens.
The M2 comes with a PocketClip and anti-roll Bezel feature, while the M3 comes with a Lanyard.
Both Millennium Series flashlights come with the standard and high intensity Lamp Modules.
The M3 uses MN10/MN11 "Millennium" Lamp Modules which have higher output and longer runtimes than the P90/P91 for the 9P/D3/C3/Z3.
The M2 comes with both the P60 & P61 Lamp Modules.
Also coming soon in the Millennium Series are the M3T and M4 to join the M6 as Millennium TurboHead flashlights.

There are new rechargeable flashlights. From the RG2 through the 8AX, 8NX & 9AN; to the revolutionary 10X "Dominator".

For me, the "CombatGrip" makes the SureFire Flashlights so much easier to handle. It allows you various grip options and better grip when wearing gloves etc.

Personally, I will always go for the Hard Anodised Millennium Series. The Shock Absorbing System on the new M2 works means you'll have to break the flashlight before the Lamp Module goes. I consider the LockOut TailCaps to be vital. It's simple, reliable and silent.

I hope my information is helpful. I've checked it with the 2001 SureFire Catelog, but I may have made the odd typo.
Visit http://www.SureFire.com or call them to learn more.

Alastair

Page generated in 0.03187 seconds with 8 queries