View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 07:07 PM   #7
gator1gear

I have both guns. The Pf9 that I have is reliable and accurate, but so is the LC9. I will tell you what I like and don't like about both. I Love the fact that the PF9 is SLIGHTLY lighter, and the trigger pull is a wee bit better than the LC9. That opinion is also shared by my wife. I don't like the fact that the LC9 has a cheaper feel than the Ruger.

I like the Ruger because compared to the LC9, it feels much more "refined" It just "feels" like a better gun. That being said, I have had no malfunctions with either. What I dislike, and what my wife dislikes ,is the trigger pull of the Ruger. It's a mile long. I thought the trigger on the PF9 was bad, and then I shot the Ruger and I realized that PF9 trigger wasn't that bad at all when comparing the two.

My opinion, is that the PF9 has a bit of a cheaper feel. That being said, we're talking about an inexpensive gun that works. The Ruger feels like a better made gun, but the trigger pull is atrocious, especially for a gun that has a ton of other "safety features". The trigger pull should be safety enough in my opinion.

If I had to pick one to keep and one to sell, I would keep the Ruger, just because it feels the most "right". I can get past the trigger pull of the Ruger better than I can the cheap feel of the Kel Tec. I realize that may not be a reason for most to make a choice, but with both guns being reliable, I made a choice by which one I felt would be the most durable.

Page generated in 0.02493 seconds with 8 queries