Thread: .45 Super
View Single Post
Old May 25, 1999, 01:44 PM   #10
Mikie

Pay a visit to www.triton-ammo.com. Triton is the only ammo manufacturer that I know of that makes 45Super. They have a writeup on this cartridge and state that the H&K USP45 is a stock gun that can handle this cartridge. This prompted me to buy a USP but I haven't begun developing any 45 Super loads because I don't own a chronograph(yet). Another USP owner emailed me and said he has chrono'd 185 gr in 45 Super at ~1280 fps without any significant bulge(with Starline brass as previously mentioned). He stopped there and was satisfied. I would be satisfied with this level of performance as well. I have been trying to gather as much data about this as possible. Despite claims about a stock USP being OK, I have purchased an aftermarket barrel from Olympic Arms which is supposed to be better supported and plan on buying a 16# recoil spring from Wolff's to replace the 13# stock spring. Powder charges using Alliant Power Pistol start at 9 grains and go up slightly over 11. 9.1 gr of PP is supposed to be a 45 +P load, but the volume of 45 Super brass is less than a standard 45 so it will yield higher pressure to start with. For now I am satisfied with 45 +P in the H&K, but plan on developing a 45 Super load with Power Pistol in the near future.

------------------

Page generated in 0.02362 seconds with 8 queries