Thread: M590 sights.
View Single Post
Old March 3, 2000, 10:31 AM   #1
CrociJA

I have two 590's both of which have "bead" sights. I'm interested in getting a good set of rear and front sights for the shotgun, preferably MMC. Unfortunately I found out a number of things.
1. Brownell's has MMC sights for a reasonable price, but they do not install them, and I don't have a press or any hardcore gunsmithing equipment.
2. Called my local gunsmith and he said he had no experience with the MMC sights, or installing them on a Mossberg. I like honesty, but do I really want this guy to work on my shotgun?
3. Looked at Vang Comp's website. They will install front and rear sights on a Mossberg 590 for $250.00 (rear site) and ~(100.00) for the front sight...MMC of course. Granted I'm positive they do excellent work, but that $350.00 costs as much as the shotgun!
Side note: This particular shotgun was stolen from my house in 98' and was later used in a homicide in 99'. By the time I got the shotgun back from The Levy County Sheriff's department, it was coated in white fingerprint powder and the entire left side of the shotgun (barrel, heat shield and pump tube) was coated with a fine sheen of rust.
I'm sure it will shoot fine, even after I took some fine steel wool to the rust. But I would like to get the shotgun back into its original condition. Call me crazy, but I also think it's my way of "removing" the bad mana from the shotgun.
The murderer used the shotgun on his girlfriends head, she used to work at Cafe Risque. Some of you on Florida's northeast coast may have heard of this particular case.
Anyway any help on what I could do to put some sights on my Mossberg M590 would be appreciated!

Jon

Page generated in 0.03029 seconds with 8 queries