View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 08:02 PM   #16
bedbugbilly

A big "thank you" to everyone for the information, suggestions, etc.

I currently carry a LCR and am very comfortable with a 5 shot 38. I will be looking to see what I can find in a J frame and hopefully can stumble across one. If I run across a 4" M & P that is in good shape, I'd have no problems with that either.

I have a 4" Python - yea, I know a lot of folks love 'em but I really don't care for all the extra weight of the barrel and ejector shroud. That's why I'm thinking a more "vintage" model - such as the M & P with the tapered barrel, exposed ejector would fit the bill. However, I'll keep an open mind and see what I run across.

I have a more vintage M & P Target with 6" barrel - my first Smith. I enjoy the action and trigeer on it - just don't like the barrel length as far as CCW.

Thanks for the photos as well - gives me a good idea of what there is and what to look for!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03257 seconds with 8 queries