View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 11:45 AM   #36
Jerry45

You want a by-pod that swivels. That is, will allow you to cant the rifle from side to side to level it. Trust me on that.

As for as scopes. I have three Osprey 10-42x50. One was mounted on my 30-06 and held up well for 500 + rounds. I replaced it with a Nightforce because I wanted a GOOD scope on that particular rifle. I think enough of the Osprey that I don't want to sell it. The Osprey are nice scopes for the price, hold and return to zero, nice lighted adjustable radical lights red or green. They aren't as clear as a $2000.00 Night force and the Nightforce has better eye relief and more positive turret clicks but the Osprey really are nice scopes for cheep. As everyone has said though, don't expect to get from a cheep scope what you'll get from and top dollar one. I've tried several brands of cheep scopes and the Osprey is as good and most times better than any of the others in $200.00 to $300.00 range.

After having the chance to compare the Osprey 10-42X50 to my new Nightforce 8-32x56 I can truthfully say the Osprey is a lot of scope for the money. I don't feel like they're lacking all that much when I shoot my rifles that are still equipped with Ospreys. Do I like the Nightforce a lot better? Yep! But I also paid a LOT more for it but I won't be replacing the other Ospreys in the near future either.

They were $150.00 here http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=453841 but they're sold out. Don't know if they will be restocking.

$230.00 here. http://www.opticsplanet.net/osprey-1...104050imd.html

The Ospreys come equipped with high rings. If you should purchase one you'll probably want to get some medium height rings.

Good luck and have fun.

Jerry

Ps, for your viewing pleasure

06 with Osprey and Boyd's stock.

06 with Nightforce in Bell and Carson stock.

Last edited by Jerry45; May 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.03175 seconds with 8 queries