View Single Post
Old May 3, 2005, 09:43 AM   #3
XavierBreath

You know the argument is always use an unmodified weapon. I think that whether or not that rule applies depends a lot on your region. Any gun can be painted as evil, and any gun owner as reckless, it's just a matter of whether the jury will buy it. Where I am at, I've not seen a justified shooting go bad in court in either criminal or civil litigation. Modified guns have been used.

I keep HD shotguns that I cut down to 18.5 myself, and put on black synthetic stocks.
One of my carry guns is a modified Sistema. The only thing Sistema is the frame and slide.
Another is a modified Colt Officer's ACP.
I also carry a S&W M38 that is basically stock except for the grips.

In my carry guns I demand 100% reliability with the carry ammo. I required 100% reliability with carry ammo for 500 rounds before I would carry them. I shoot each one at least every other week. I am unsure of the round counts now. They have not failed..... yet. Even a gun that has shot reliably for thousands of rounds can fail. There is no way to prevent failure, but shooting the gun, cleaning and inspecting it, and using good ammo can get you as close as possible.

FWIW the majority of my other guns are reliable as well. I have a couple low grade guns that are not.

Page generated in 0.03045 seconds with 8 queries