View Single Post
Old August 21, 2002, 10:17 AM   #13
RemVssf

Be glad to explain. When I shot(20+ yrs ago) competition pistol w/ 45 ACP, I had Full loads and practice loads. Don't remember the exact powder weight but for the close range I could use lead bullets for practice and then jacketed for match. Usually finished a practice with 20 or so jacketed "full" load. If I am practicing for a "tactical/practical" rifle match I use the same load I use in match. SOMETIMES I use the 173 gr as a practice round but that is to make sure I have good zeroes(checking my records) at whatever yardage. Still, The "comeups" for 173 difer from the 175 or the 168 and even worse for the 155. Even trying to use a cheaper 150 won't cut it for 155 data because the trajectory data is all off. If I were only shooting 100 yds it might be diffrent . My loads are all set up to be "mag-tol" (fit in rifle magazine) and I am working on a load that usues 155 AMAX and the Hodgdon Benchmark that equals or betters my old load with Varget. Hope this made sense.

No good deed ever goes un-punished. This just goes to prove that, " A thousand Atta-boys can and will be wiped out by one, AW- Crap !"

Page generated in 0.02245 seconds with 8 queries