View Single Post
Old April 11, 2012, 01:28 PM   #77
C0untZer0

^ It's harder for me to see exactly what my donations to the NRA do for me specifically in Illinois. It's easy for me to see exactly what my donations to the Illinois State Rifle Association do, their website is keeping tabs on all Illinois gun legislation pro & con, they flag every article in every newspaper, every poll that get published and they're on top of every Illinois political and legal development as it pertains to gun rights in Illinois.

And I know there is this idea that we all need to stand together to accomplish things, but Illinois is the last state to have a flat on ban on carrying. I know that in New Jersey and parts of California they have what amounts to a ban, but technically, Illinois is the last state.

The elections are coming up and I think that is where I am hoping the NRA will bring more resources to bear on Illinois. Campaign contibutions and media spots could make a huge difference in this election and we really only need to change out 3 or 4 anti-gun politicians.

But the way it looks, the NRA seems to be focusing more on the national level. I know the presidency is important - especially considering that the Supreme Court is THE court for the 2nd Amendment, it's the court of first resort and last resort - it's the only court.

Our NRA lobbyist is a great guy, and he does represent the NRA, but besides him, I'm not sure how much help he's getting from the national organization.

Page generated in 0.02883 seconds with 8 queries