View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 04:48 PM   #20
RJM

Quote:
What were your problems with the black eagle? Im mainly considering the m2, cause it's cheaper but fill me in. I mean was it like a personal preference or was actual malfunctions and other irritations?
My SBE was the first generation one and it was very well put together, fit and finish wise. Packaged nice and felt nice in the hands. Problem was that it never could reliably cycle lighter loads, I tried to shoot trap informally with my friends with it and the amount of times that it choked on those rounds was ridiculous. I also had a few problems in the first 750 rounds or so cycling some steel duck loads. I have yet to have my winchester choke like that and I have taken it out hunting and beat the heck out of it more than I ever did my Benelli.

The gun fit me pretty well and it came with adjustable shims and something like 5 different chokes, it was a complete package which is good. Its a really light gun, which is great for carrying into the field but sucks on the shoulder. It recoiled quite a bit more than my Winchester does now, at least if feels that way to me. Shooting 3.5" magnums out of it was pretty painful, like I didn't want to do it twice, but out of the Winchester it really isn't that bad. Now with the recoil reducing stock that the current Benellis have, they may have closed the gap on recoil control, but when I bought mine there wasn't that option.

For the money that they are selling them for I can't say that, for me, they are worth it. I would rather put the money towards a good browning and buy a couple of cases or five of shells. IMHO, you get a better gun for less money. Of course, some disagree with me.

Page generated in 0.02388 seconds with 8 queries