View Single Post
Old April 26, 2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Mike Irwin
Staff

OK.

Now that there's a little more subjectivity into this...

No guns were "confiscated." Anyone who uses that term is engaging in some serious hyperbole. The gun was retained for the duration of the traffic stop, then RETURNED.

If the individual was so worried about being on a busy street without his gun (while a police officer was there), why did he get out of the car without his gun in the first place? Doesn't make much sense.

I'm not sure what Louisiana law is, but I know that the law in other RTC carry states gives a police officer who stops a CCW'er the authority to TEMPORARILY, for the duration of the stop, secure and take possession of the gun.

I have no clue what this "National Gun Rights Association" is, but if they're trying to fight for gun rights they'd do a much better job of it by not being so bombastic and so damned wrong in their characterizations of what happened during the traffic stop.

I just did a Google on the NGRA, and the only one that I've found that seems to have any substance is based in Jamaica, West Indies. Not sure why this would resonate with them.

OK.... This was actually put out by the National Association for Gun Rights. The sequence of words is VERY important.

OK... I've just read through some of the stuff on their website.

Let's just say that I am NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, impressed.

Lots of misinformation, bombast, hyperbole, and out and out incorrect information in their blogs.

If these are our friends...

And WOW! Some of the reader comments are REALLY out there.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries