View Single Post
Old April 28, 2009, 07:45 AM   #1388
miker415

Thank you for the information Radagast. I have been aware of the recall for some time on the 686 but have never done anything about it. I think the mod has something to do with the pin not striking deep enough with certain ammo. I have had the gun do this. Odd thing is I have had the 15-4 do it also, in fact just two times ago at the range. I pulled through that round again and it fired. I guess I should have both guns checked. Can any gunsmith do the recall on the 686 or does it have to go to Smith & Wesson?

BTW, both of these guns are awesome. I bought the 686 used in 1986 or 1987 for $275. It came with upgraded sights, a worked trigger, a Bianchi beltless holster, the original wood grips, and the Pachmayr grips. I bought the 15 used for $250 in 1988. It came with a black police style holster, two speed loaders, and a matching speed loader case. The guy I bought it from got it from a retired L.A. police officer.

Both guns shoot very smooth and accurate. Unfortunately, both are a little too large to carry concealed. I'm thinking of picking up a 9 or 380 to carry with the CCW permit.

Page generated in 0.03298 seconds with 8 queries