View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 08:58 PM   #1
tristar viper

At the range today...

I rented some guns. Been wanting a single stack 9mm. So I rented the
Sig P290 and the Kahr PM9. I also rented an HK USP 9mm compact, which of course is something totally different, but nevertheless its a gun on my short list.
First, I thought the Sig sucked. The trigger is terrible. Now, what I will say is that the gun I shot was not an RS. This gun was the original version of the 290 and the trigger was terrible. It was long, it was far from smooth, and there was absolutely no sense of when it would go off. I was supremely disappointed. This was a gun I thought I wanted to buy.
The Kahr PM9 was better, but still far from anything to brag about. This gun has some kind of a sharp edge on the top side of the trigger housing, and every time I pulled the trigger to the most rearward position, something dug into my finger and had I shot the gun much more, I think my finger would have been bleeding. Poor design somehow, no one should feel that in a gun. Actually this gun shot better the Sig, but I was far from impressed.
Then there was the HK USP, which yes is a totally different animal. With no hesitation I can say this was one of the finest pistols I ever shot, and if 1000 dollar bills grew on trees I would buy one tomorrow. This gun blew me away with the excellent trigger, the superb accuracy, and the minimal recoil. I dare go as far as to say this gun shoots better than my P226. I was very impressed.

Page generated in 0.03347 seconds with 8 queries