View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 06:55 PM   #17
BigJimP

Its an issue that came up at my local range yesterday...

In the S&W lineup of revolvers...
a. There are a lot of K frames around ( model 19's and 66's ) in .357 mag and since they're a little bit heavier than the J frames ....a lof of people find them easier to shoot ....and whether they shoot .38 spl's in them or .357 mag ..it gives them a choice. They're also very affordable. It comes down to what fits her hands the best ...and what barrel length she prefers... 2 1/2" or maybe a 4"....
------------------
In the semi-auto world...for young shooters...my grandaughters like 2 of my guns in semi-autos both in 9mm....a Sig 239 (single stack) or a 1911 in 9mm - again single stack ( I happen to have one of each / both alloy frames - Kimber tactical pro model 4" in the 1911 ) ......../ and both options will be less work to rack the slide. So it isn't that you should change her mind ...let her buy whatever she wants ...but not all semi-autos are created equally.

Couple shooting next to me yesterday ....he liked Glocks.../ turns out she hates them ....she shot my 1911 in 9mm ...and they rented a Sig 239 ...and a couple of K frame S&W revolvers ...and she liked the K frames and both the Sig and 1911 equally well. She may eventually like one of each....

Page generated in 0.02335 seconds with 8 queries