Thread: Benelli's
View Single Post
Old June 10, 2011, 03:17 PM   #3
BigJimP

Benelli's are very good guns ...Inertia operated vs gas operated - consequently they shoot a lot cleaner than a gas operated gun. But they also will give you a little more recoil than a gas operated gun ( Beretta, Browning, Winchester, etc ).

I like the synthetic stocks - especially if they have the "comfort Tech" recoil supression system in them ...even in a 20ga. The Comfort Tech system - makes them a little softer shooting ...more like a gas operated gun.

Synthetic stocked Benelli's are very light ...so picking a model ...you want to think about weight ( carrying it ) and how the weight affects the swing characteristics. In a real light gun / around 7 lbs ..I tend to go to longer barrels - at least 28" or 30" if its an option ...to kind of smooth out the swing ...but most of the 20ga's will be limited to 28" barrels.

Part of the price difference is finishes - and chamber length - and whether the gun has the Comfort Tech system in it. I think a 3" chamber is enough / there are a lot of magnum shells available in 3" or 2 3/4" - so you don't need a 3 1/2" chambered gun. I think the Comfort Tech is significant - so I would buy a gun with that in it. They cannot put the comfort tech into a wood stock ..so that's some of the difference too.

I've shot most of the guns you mention ....my personal choice for a 20ga Benelli - is their Super Sport model, 20ga in a 28" barrel ( because they only make the 12ga in a 30"). I have the 12ga version as well....and have had the 20ga for about 3 yrs ...and its been a solid gun / good training gun for the grandkids, etc ...

Page generated in 0.02737 seconds with 8 queries